Terms & Conditions
1. Payments and Deposits
- 1.1 All orders must be paid in full & funds cleared in our business account before release/receiving your item, and all work that has been done to your item remains the property of Liquid Colour Design until work has been fully paid for.
- 1.2 Payment methods such as; PAYPAL, VISA, MASTERCARD will have an added charge to the total between 3.4% to 4.1%. The main method of transaction that we prefer is BACS direct into our business account.
- 1.3 Work or items under £100 must be paid in full before any work can begin. A deposit of 50% must be paid on work or items over £100. For work over £1000 a deposit of our daily rate must be paid before work can begin. Deposits are normally refundable unless work has already begun on your item and you change your mind mid-way through, and you then decide you do not want the item painting or work carried out.
- 1.4 Any helmets which are purchased from Liquid Colour Design have to be paid in full; this also acts as the deposit. Once the helmet has been ordered the helmet belongs to the client, but will be retained by LCD until the equal amount or paint costs have been paid in full and cleared in LCD Business account.
- 1.5 All items have to be booked and scheduled in to a date slot and the deposit or full payment of the helmet holds this slot for work to commence, all invoices are valid for 30 Days. Once a deposit has been paid you will be allocated a date slot the timescale is then generated providing you with a date for completion. Please note if the helmet has been delayed due to flash off periods and curing times etc we may have to hold the helmet an extra day or two.
- 1.6 Mural work, Graffiti, Trompe L’oeil style of work, daily rate will be used as this is the most cost effective way we have found for our clients. Before any drawings or sketches been shown a daily deposit has to be paid as per invoice for deposit. Cost’s will also be added to the invoice and the requirement for the client to pay for all cost up front which include any transport cost and any overnight stay. Deposit is made up from one daily rate and all costs as shown in the invoice, we will have this highlighted.
- 1.7 By paying a deposit we will assume you do agree with the terms and condition of Liquid Colour Design policy. I ask all clientele to read through this prior to any work commencing.
- 1.8 Late payments will incur additional charges and costs for non-payment may have to be recovered by legal action.
- 2.1 Logo’s and Graphics, if the client does not supply LCD the cut file for logo’s and Graphics, LCD has to carry out the research to find the logo requested we cannot be held responsible for any size or font indifferences. We always do our utmost to get the very best graphic and as close to the original. We will also have to charge for our time in locating these images or logo and any work to create a cut file.
- 2.2 Liquid Colour Design named logo will be placed on all our completed work if we have designed and painted it is our right to do so, it is our intellectual property and trade mark. We will not take on any project if this has been refused by the client, team, company etc.
- 2.3 Original FIA sticker to signify authenticity from the manufacturer will be kept and masked within the design. Any further stickers will be removed as they are not original manufacturer stickers and are not able to be masked over without complications. All official scrutinisers should be fit to check the interior for helmet authentication. LCD are qualified to carryout helmet stripping, repair and rebuilding of helmets and will ensure that only helmet authenticity stickers remain in place.
- 2.4 The design process and finished design may have slight differences from the 2d design. This is due to the move from a flat 2d design to actually painting and lining out onto a 3d helmet. Other factors may come into place as well. The 2d design is only a representative of the finished helmet design. We try to get as close to the design as possible but we are only human and it is ART.
- 2.5 For Helmet Design services, you will be quoted a price for this service; the price reflects the time spent in creating the design. It is very important to supply us with all information prior to design. Prior to commencing the paint job we will confirm with you the final design and colour agreed. This is your window of opportunity to fine-tune any design details or colour changes. One free of charge adjustment to the design, colour or paint is included at the stage however after the painting process commences any subsequent changes will be subject to extra charges. So please be very sure of your request before we begin painting. Please refer to the LCD proposal guide.
- 2.6 Please refrain as much as possible on calling us to discuss on how the helmet or paint is proceeding, as our time is exceptionally busy. We do endeavor to try to be on top of all our deadlines.
3. Extra Work and Changes during the project
- 3.1 If you change your mind on agreed designs after painting has begun you will be charged at extra cost as you are responsible for this error or change of mind. The cost will be at an hourly rate to fix the change in design and rectify and amend. Charges are £40 per hour. This is the hourly rate of most professional custom paint and airbrush artists; extra material costs will be absorbed into the hourly rate.
- 3.2 Please note; Helmets that have graphics already on the helmet direct from the factory have to be sanded back and then high build primer applied, followed by more sanding which indeed creates more work for our company. This is why we prefer to work from a brand new helmet which is based white from the factory or plain carbon. If you wish to send us a helmet with graphics on we will charge an extra fee for preparing the helmet and martial costs.
- 3.3 Please be aware that if items are not collected within 7 days of the work being completed there will be additional daily charge of £2.50 per day for storage, as I don’t have a huge warehouse just a Paint-shop/booth and studio.
- 3.4 For Vehicles: Artwork/Custom paint/Airbrush any quote prior to the vehicle being inspected will not be final. Any rust that needs attention or dents, scratches will require further payment at £40 per hour to correct. We always inform the client prior to any work commencing so client & LCD can discuss options, prior to work commencing.
- 4.1 Shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the buyer with regard to items being sent and will be assessed individually. Postal shipping charges vary and are determined by the weight of the box, value of the shipment, delivery address, special handling charges and/or shipper fuel surcharges when applicable. Customers should be aware that they will be notified and charged for any postal costs before their newly painted item is sent back to them.
- 4.2 You will be responsible for the cost of shipping and insurance. Original shipping and handling charges are not refundable. We are responsible for filing claims with the shipper in case of damage or loss incurred by the shipper. You must take photographs of damaged items and request return authorisation before sending damaged items back to us. We are not responsible for packages lost during return shipping.
- 4.3 International orders: PLEASE NOTE – The shipping amount will not include any duties, taxes, customs fees, brokerage fees, etc., that may be incurred on international orders. These fees, taxes, and/or duties are not levied by Liquid Colour Design and are beyond our control. As a company (LCD) we prefer to use our own stock of helmets this saves on shipping cost as well as any import taxes etc which the client/team or business will incur.
- 5.1 If there is a problem that is OUR fault or responsibility we will fix it at our expense, if
there is a problem that is your fault or responsibility we will fix it at YOUR expense.
- 5.2 Chrome base application, this process is completed by outside contract and the process is very finicky and on occasions has slight imperfections which we cannot be held responsible for. We do however prepare all products prior to this process with the utmost and highest finishes.
Liquid Colour Design.